Saturday 24 May 2008

An Addiction

I am addicted to knitting. My hands ache, my fingers will probably resemble the twisted claws of an old crone (sorry old crones, but your hands are generally gnarled) but still I go.

It could possibly have something to do with the fact I have an assignment due on Monday, that I have mostly finished, but have yet to write the evaluative essay. Which I don't want to do! The other part was fine, but this part sucks. Greatly.

Last week I finished a scarf knitted in this lovely wool/silk blend I got from - oh the horror- Spotlight. I had taken to disliking the poor thing by the end though. I like it now, but was worried about it. It was my first outing with cabling, and I think I did pretty well. Unfortuantly, seem to have mis-place my camera and can't photograph.

Working on the socks. Just finished the heel and am about to join in the round again for the instep and toe. Then I suppose I will have to cope with 'finishing other sockitis'. That's the thing about these socks. The stitches are so small that it's taking my a while to knit. I like the pattern the variegated wool is giving, and can't wait to wear the socks, but it's taking my so damn long!

Started, and unraveled three times, a cable beanie from a Knitting Blogger I really like. She named the pattern "Anna of Green Cables" which I thought a little amusing. Finished it about tan hour ago, but realised much much much too late that I had neglected to do 5 rounds of ribbing so the beanie is too little even for my small adult sized head. So one of the kiddie-winks will get it. Only thing, it's in a sort of mottled browny/blue/grey. Probably not that attractive for little girls, as is not pink, purple, yellow, green. Oh well, it still looks pretty.


Got Ethan the coolest little watch a boy could ask for. Fairly simple, just tells the time and has a stopwatch, but also has this cool little animation things at the top, one of a swimmer, one a cycler and one a runner. Hope he likes it. It's like mine (he was very taken with mine - wore it around all night and then asked me for one for his birthday) but a little different (also didn't cost quite as much - but that's my power's of bargain hunting, this one was reduced by at least half) and made for kids.

Anyway, back to evaluating my search process. Yuck.

No comments: