Sunday 25 October 2009

Bread

After a week of feeling quite tired and not really sure why - except for the sleep deprivation on the weekend, I developed a sinus infection due to oncoming hayfever. Yay. Happens every year, but sometimes the severity is more.

At the beginning of the week I tried to make some bread using my starter that has been growing & souring for over a month. Didn't exactly work. The sponge did it's bubbly thing. I worked the flour & water & oil in nicely, but according to the instructions I was following, I only kneaded for 10 secs every 15mins 3 times. I was a little concerned at this, it had been my understanding that bread needed to be kneaded (ra hah ah).

The dough failed to rise. Oh well.

Therefore, this morning & afternoon, I am starting again. The sponge is bubbling away nicely. I even put some of the starter in my mouth. ('Twas was a bit of a knee jerk reaction, I was wiping up a spill with my finger.) Pictures and another blog post (I know! GASP) will be up when/if this works. This means it could be a while...

In other news...

It's blessedly raining. It's been a very dry winter and rain is lovely for those recovering from illness that makes you feel all hot and gross. I read a news headline that there are floods expected... All I'm hoping is that it reaches QLD, where it is so very very dry.

I've finished a knitted project for someone for Christmas. As it is a very special someone, it will not be all they receive, but it's done, and It's not even November! Next up is finishing something for my brother, who I'm not sure will even appreciate the gesture, but he's constantly suprising me, because, I just don't spend enough time with him anymore.

The rain is coming down like real rain now. Lovely.

The Y on my laptop computer is acting dodgy, which is really annoying. Lappy will need to be turned off and the key looked at I think.

OO, heavier...

Time for a bath while I await the sponging.

No comments: